Itinerary, Cotopaxi, North Side
Arrival in Quito. Reception in the airport or bus terminal, transfer to the hotel San Blas located near the colonial center and near the tourist area "Mariscal Sucre".
Departure from Quito to Cotopaxi. Arrival at 4500m (Parking Lot of Cotopaxi) and 2 hour acclimatization climb to the glacier at 4950m and practice of walking on the snow with crampons. Return to the car to descend to the campsite at 3800m. Accommodation in tents or cabins.
Departure to the parking lot of Cotopaxi. 1 hour ascent to the Rivas refuge at 4800m.
Beginning of the ascent to the summit at 1:00 am. Hike of 6-7 hours to reach the crater. Descent of 2.5 hours back to the refuge. Return to Quito. Accommodation in the hotel San Blas.
Price per person (COP): $ 795.000
- 2 nights in hotel in Quito
- express transportation to the park
- park entrance fee
- accommodation in the refuge Rivas
- camping at 3800m (tents for two people in a cabin, mattress, sleeping bag (if required), dining tent with tables and benches, campground bathroom)
- technical equipment: ice boots, crampons, ice axes and harnesses
- meals in the mountain: box lunch on the first day, dinner and breakfast at the camp. Lunch, dinner and breakfast at the refuge Ribas.
- one guide for each 2 people
- transportation Bogota - Quito - Bogota
- meals Day 1, lunch and dinner Day 4
- personal things and expenses
Important note: the night in the camp at 3800m is an exclusive area for the group, it is silent and has all the basic services with an acceptable comfort. There is the option of staying in the cabins called Paja Blanca, in this case the additional cost would be $ 55,000 per person.
Recommended equipment to bring:
- backpack of 50- 60 liters or more
- waterproof jacket and pants (nylon, Gore-Tex or similar)
- warm cloth
- sleeping bag
- wool hats